Thursday, February 17, 2011

That Shirt is a Funny Colour...

We are learning about personal pronouns in Grade 2. I write a sentence on the board, underline the subject, and my students must tell me which personal pronoun I could use to replace it. We've been practicing all week, and they are quite good at it now. They are not as good at identifying swear words, it turns out, something I learned when I turned around in class today and noticed that I had written on the board:

Juan Sebastian is wearing a yellow shit.

Not one of my students picked up on the naughty word, however they were quick to point out that Juan Sebastian's shirt was not yellow, it was in fact blue with white stripes.  I don't know where my mind was at the moment of writing, but immediately afterwards it was focused on not laughing, as this would have demanded an explanation which obviously I could not give. A little giggle may have escaped. That's it though. Teehee.

1 comment:

  1. This blog should be written up in the Blackboard Mistakes book. lol. The simple pleasures in life, when kids are still innocent.

    ReplyDelete