Friday, September 10, 2010

Personal Harassment, er...Training

I had my first appointment with my personal trainer yesterday after school. $100.00 for eight sessions this month - I reckon this is a worthwhile investment, and if it goes well I can carry on next month.

It is HARD. This is what I'm paying him for, of course; to work me until the world goes blurry and I have to lay down while he goes to fetch "aguita" and quietly prays to the god of chubby gringas that I will recover without any drama. Which I did.

After the sweat-fest on the elliptical trainer, we moved on to The Machines. I have (in the relatively distant past) been acquainted with weight-training apparatus before, though I don't recall the machines having had quite so many levers and safety switches. I pushed, pulled and squeezed for half an hour, and was set free.

Everything hurts, which is good, and I'm going back for more this afternoon. We're supposed to be talking about goals, and choosing 'target areas'. Ha. I would have assumed that the answer to this would be fairly obvious: Yes, I want to lose weight in my...ankles.


If I have enough energy, I'm supposed to be going on a Chiva Tour tonight, but more on that later...

1 comment: