Sunday, May 30, 2010

Slothful Creature

That's me. Here is my Sloth sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMj0t7sds7I&feature=related

Okay, so I couldn't find any real sloth sounds, but true children of the 80's will get the reference, and some may even sympathise with me because if I don't stop acting like a real sloth, I may end up looking like this Sloth...or his mother. Or Chunk, for that matter. Eeeeek.)

I don't have an adequate explanation, or even a weak and transparent excuse for the total lack of enthusiasm I presently feel toward the whole concept of exercise merely for the sake of exercise. I am of course aware of all the benefits of getting up off my ass, just as I am aware of the consequences of not doing so, and yet.... and yet. I just can't seem to bring myself to actually go out and DO IT. There is always something more enjoyable to do. *sigh*

Any suggestions??

Meanwhile, I am gobbling my lazy and undisciplined way toward the end of the school year. The last day of work is the 18th of June, and there are two long weekends between now and then. (Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?)

In other news, today Colombia elected a new president. Juan Manuel Santos, I believe. All over the country today Colombians were doing their civic duty while I lay in bed and played The Sims 3. (My Sim self is not interested in politics, either, though she does get considerably more exercise. Haha.)

Regarding the promise I made last weekend - to stop searching the internet for appropriate funeral songs, etc. and generally chill out - I have been a very good girl. I feel peaceful and healthy. And grateful. Now if I could just stop locking myself out of my apartment (five times in the past two months - thank goodness for spares) I will feel I have accomplished something.

1 comment:

  1. If you hate the idea of exercise, then why don't you take up a sport or buy a nintendo wii. They got some real interesting games to keep you active for hours. I was skeptical about it (the wii that is) until I used one.

    ReplyDelete